Re: recent change to ifconfig breaks OpenVPN?

From: Stefan Bethke <stb_at_lassitu.de>
Date: Fri, 31 Jul 2009 13:52:23 +0200

Li, Qing wrote:

> I also verified setting (useloopback=0)  * does * restore to the
> previous behavior.

I apologize.  I tested again, and setting
net.link.ether.inet.useloopback=0 does indeed restore previous
behavior, and is a valid workaround for running OpenVPN unchanged.
Matthias, you might want to have a notice to that effect added to the
port for the time being.

I agree that assigning the same address to both the local and the
remote address of a p2p link is not really sensible, and will try to
come up with a patch to OpenVPN.

Thanks for the clarification and insight,
Stefan

--
Stefan Bethke <stb_at_lassitu.de>   Fon +49 151 14070811