Re: Disable root mount waiting for USB

From: Kamigishi Rei <spambox_at_haruhiism.net>
Date: Fri, 31 Jul 2009 17:44:36 +0400
Ed Schouten wrote:
>> Is there a way (loader tunable or kernel config) to disable the root
>> mount waiting for USB buses and devices and make it behave just like
>> in the first days of the new USB stack ?
>>
> Why can't we just wait until the device node that should be mounted is
> available?

We're talking about this USB delay which appears almost always during
the initialization of the USB stack.

Jul 19 07:21:34 ameagari kernel: Root mount waiting for: usbus7 usbus3
Jul 19 07:21:34 ameagari kernel: Trying to mount root from ufs:/dev/ad10s1a

In this case, the delay is insignificant, however with some systems this
can take up to 10 seconds.
And we don't even need to wait for USB bus because the root filesystem
is on an ATA hard disk.

--
Kamigishi Rei
KREI-RIPE