Re: Kernel panic when accessing ZFS-Filesystem via NFS

From: Wesley Shields <wxs_at_FreeBSD.org>
Date: Wed, 3 Jun 2009 13:40:23 -0400
On Wed, Jun 03, 2009 at 09:20:33PM +0400, Dmitry Marakasov wrote:
> * Wesley Shields (wxs_at_FreeBSD.org) wrote:
>
> Well, cred->cr_prison was the only thing to panic on in prison_priv_check,
> so that was obvious without the backtrace. I'll try to addd checking
> for null pointer here for now (as I'm more concerned in bringing
> my NAS back up).

Adding a check for null to jailed() in kern_jail.c will most likely work
around the problem, but I was under the impression that cred->cr_prison
should be &prison0 and never null with the new way of doing things. I'd
still like to know why cr_prison is null.

Of course, I have no idea what the implications of a null check in
jailed() will be outside of this one scenario.

-- WXS