Re: Kernel panic when accessing ZFS-Filesystem via NFS

From: Rick Macklem <rmacklem_at_uoguelph.ca>
Date: Thu, 4 Jun 2009 14:36:20 -0400 (EDT)
On Wed, 3 Jun 2009, Bjoern A. Zeeb wrote:

> I would start looking at svc_getcred() and blame at least the
> AUTH_UNIX case;  end of rpc/svc_auth.c.  This looks like a big NO-NO.
> I am pretty sure I'd also want to audit svc_rpc_gss(), just in case.

Oh, just to clarify. Earlier to-day I mentioned that the experimental
server used crdup() of the nfsd's cred. That is only for certain
state recovery cases where it needs a credential to play with. Normally
it uses whatever the sys/rpc layer has provided it, as above.

Again, I have no idea if using crdup() is correct? rick