Re: Possible to boot using gptzfsboot and a 'raid 10' in ZFS?

From: Adam McDougall <mcdouga9_at_egr.msu.edu>
Date: Sat, 06 Jun 2009 01:46:06 -0400
Adam McDougall wrote:
> Should it be possible to boot from zpool consisting of a striped set
> of mirrors using gptzfsboot?  Using a FreeBSD 7.2 post-v13 ZFS cd or
> the 200905 8.0 snapshot, neither let me set the bootfs zpool property
> to a pool that is a 8 disk mirror.  If I manage to get zpool to let me
> set it, will gptzfsboot work with it anyway?  Knowing that gptzfsboot
> can boot from a single disk, mirror, raidz, and raidz2, it didn't
> enter my mind that a raid10 might not work until I just tried it
> tonight.  Thanks for input.  Also thanks for the existing code!

Oops sorry, the answer is probably in this mail below, I didn't realize
it was so recent.  I'm not in a rush since most of my systems will be a
standard mirror which I already know works.

Date: 05/27/09
From: Doug Rabson <dfr_at_rabson.org>
This is a limitation which I will remove as soon as I have a little time
to work on it.
I will simply remove this limitation for FreeBSD since we can now boot
from any pool configuration.