Re: Benchmark [Re: [Call For Testing] VirtualBox for FreeBSD! take 4]

From: Yamagi Burmeister <lists_at_yamagi.org>
Date: Sat, 6 Jun 2009 09:20:42 +0200
Hello,

> Usually I cannot usually launch VirtualBox even by root.
> A workaround is that invoking and killing VirtualBox
> many times for me. After some tries I can launch...

maybe this workaround helps (as user, not as root):
1. Launch VirtualBox.
2. If it fails open top(1)
3. In top(1) you should see 2(!) processes "VirtualBox"
4. Kill one of them
5. The other one should start
This works for me in 9 out of 10 times and is much more comfortable
than killing and restarting the whole programm many times.

--
Homepage:     www.yamagi.org
Jabber:       yamagi_at_yamagi.org