Re: WIP: ATA to CAM integration

From: Alexander Motin <mav_at_mavhome.dp.ua>
Date: Fri, 05 Jun 2009 19:58:23 +0300
Matthew Dillon wrote:
>     It's unclear to me what this means.  Can we use NCQ to queue multiple
>     commands to multiple ports behind a single port multiplier in parallel
>     or can't we?  It's very confusing.

As I have said, without controller FIS Based Switching capability it is
impossible. FBS defines separate memory areas for controller, to track
there state of each drive behind PM. Without it, only one drive can be
active at a time, as controller will not be able to track when each
drive is able to receive next command..

--
Alexander Motin