Re: sysinstall, GJOURNAL and ZFS

From: Dan Naumov <dan.naumov_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 10 Jun 2009 15:04:35 +0300
And things like these are amongst the reasons why I want to see newer
options be presented and offered to the user during installation
process. Default installation options (and the ONLY options presented
by sysinstall) that result in enormous snapshot creation times and
long fsck times are just not good enough in the year 2009. I fully
understand the reasons behind using something "truly tested and proven
by time" as the default, but presenting the newer options to the user
during installation process as well gives these newer options
(UFS2+GJournal and ZFS in this case) a better exposure, resulting in
more testing, resulting in these new features getting their quirks
ironed out faster and resulting in these new features getting the
"truly tested and proven by time" stamp of approval faster. I think we
can all agree this would be a good thing?

Sincerely
- Dan Naumov