Re: Acer TM6292

From: Alexander Motin <mav_at_FreeBSD.org>
Date: Fri, 12 Jun 2009 08:32:31 +0300
Gavin Atkinson wrote:
> On Wed, 2009-06-10 at 09:23 +0200, Seri Geri wrote:
>> - I have installed FreeBSD, PC-BSD and DesktopBSD, i386 and x64, release
>> and snapsot too on it. Everything is working fine, except the network
>> adapters (not even the Broadcom Gbit, but the WiFi too).
>>
>> Would you mind please, where can I find something to make them to work ?
>
> For your network adaptors, if you can show the output of the command
> "pciconf -l | grep 'class=0x02'" we can figure out what type of network
> adapters you have, and how likely it is that FreeBSD can support them.

There must be bge + iwn in 6292. But there is a problem with PCIe
bridges resource allocation making them not working. It is known problem
without correctly implemented fixes now. jhb_at_ have touched it on last
BSDCan. One of my patches hacks that resources dirty for this specific
model.

--
Alexander Motin