Re: HAL is blokcing growisofs [Was: Re: Various problems, atapi, acpi (S3), cpufreq (est)]

From: Harald Schmalzbauer <h.schmalzbauer_at_omnilan.de>
Date: Fri, 12 Jun 2009 19:19:25 +0200
Harald Schmalzbauer schrieb am 02.06.2009 11:49 (localtime):
> Eygene Ryabinkin schrieb am 20.05.2009 11:28 (localtime):
>>> Using `growisofs -dvd-compat -speed=8 -Z /dev/cd1=/udfimage.iso`
>>> freezes the system. First it seems nothing happens but after some
>>> minutes the system is completely unresponsive, even mouse doesn't
>>> move any more. Here's some output I got at this event:
>>> acd1: WARNING - TEST_UNIT_READY freeing taskqueue zombie request
>>> acd1: WARNING - PREVENT_ALLOW taskqueue timeout - completing request
>>> directly
>>> acd1: WARNING - PREVENT_ALLOW freeing taskqueue zombie request
>>> acd1: WARNING - TEST_UNIT_READY taskqueue timeout - completing
>>> request directly
>>> acd1: WARNING - TEST_UNIT_READY freeing taskqueue zombie request
>>> acd1: WARNING - READ_TOC taskqueue timeout - completing request directly
>>> acd1: WARNING - READ_TOC freeing taskqueue zombie reques
>>
>> Could you try to add atapicam(4) device into your kernel and use
>> /dev/cdX instead of /dev/acdX for burning?  I don't believe that this
>> will help you, given the messages you're receiving, but you can at least
>> give a shot for SCSI emulation on ATAPI devices.
>
> Accidentally I found out that growisofs works perfectly without HAL.
> As soon as hal is running I see the above error messages and no dvd
> burning is possible.

I found a solution: If atapicam is available HAL has to be told to avoid
using acd. HAL and scd doesn't work here.
I created the following file:
/usr/local/share/hal/fdi/preprobe/20thirdparty/10-ignore-acdX.fdi
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

<deviceinfo version="0.2">
   <device>
     <match key="freebsd.driver" string="acd">
       <merge key="info.ignore" type="bool">true</merge>
     </match>
   </device>
</deviceinfo>

> Also USB-Flash-Disks don't work with -current and hal (everything
> compiled 2 days ago). As soon as I plug in the UFD all
> "hald-addon-storage: /dev/da1" (from fixed internal card reader) vanish
> and I can't use Thunars volume-mount feature.
> Should I open a ports/PR? Or is it likle to be a problem in -current?

This one is still a problem.

Greets,

-Harry