802.11s (wireless mesh) project status report

From: Rui Paulo <rpaulo_at_freebsd.org>
Date: Mon, 22 Jun 2009 23:46:46 +0100
Hi all,
The wireless mesh project is now in a more usable stage and your
support and testing is appreciated. Today I've been able to exchange
packets between three nodes using the following network topology:
node1 <-> node2 <-> node3. With the currently committed code it's now
possible to send packets from node1 to node3 via node2. Other mesh
topologies will be tested in the future.

I've created a wiki page that's still under construction but should be
able to help you setup your wireless mesh:
	http://wiki.freebsd.org/WifiMesh

802.11s is interesting both to companies who want to create wide range
wireless networks and also to home users who would like to expand
their wireless networks. They can now start using the FreeBSD
operating system to fullfil their needs.

The project is still unfinished and has some rough edges, though. If
you have any questions, dont hesitate asking.

This project is being sponsored by The FreeBSD Foundation.

Thanks,
--
Rui Paulo