Re: signifanctly slowdown of FreeBSD 8.0-CURRENT/amd64

From: Randall Stewart <rrs_at_lakerest.net>
Date: Tue, 23 Jun 2009 19:19:04 -0400
One thing I have noticed for a while.. and have not
been able to track down..

If one runs

/usr/src/tools/tools/syscall_timing/syscall_timing

On a 7.2 kernel and compare it on the same machine to an 8.0 kernel
you will see almost a 3x slow down in 8.

Yes I have 8.0 without witness and all the debug. The thing
that is most interesting is I even ran 8 on a 7.2 user space...
same result.

My AMD 64 1.6Gig  8 core machines (in SMP) are showing

250ns or so for getuid 1000 times on 7.2
and
880ns or so for getuid 1000 times on 8.0

I started tracking this in 7.1..

When I get some more time next week I will do some more digging.. not
sure
its related to this issue though