Re: ZFS : panic("sleeping thread")

From: Thomas Backman <serenity_at_exscape.org>
Date: Fri, 26 Jun 2009 14:59:18 +0200
On Jun 26, 2009, at 02:46 PM, Stanislav Sedov wrote:

> On Thu, 18 Jun 2009 13:49:46 +0200
> Thomas Backman <serenity_at_exscape.org> mentioned:
>
>> Anyone have any updates on this? I just got a "sleeping thread" panic
>> in ZFS after doing a zfs rollback. Unfortunately, "panic" in the
>> debugger resulted in "dump device too small" (despite being RAM-
>> sized)
>> so I don't have a BT... However the BT I got in the debugger was
>> *not*
>> the same as yours. There was no _sx_xlock in it, but that's pretty
>> much all I know about it. :(
>>

> Hi, Thomas!
>
> Can you, please, try with the following patch? Thanks!
>
> --
> Stanislav Sedov
> ST4096-RIPE
I could (and might, too), but unfortunately (well, I guess...) I
haven't been able to reproduce this, despite writing a script to
really stress test it. It's either pretty darn random, or I was simply
wrong about the rollback being involved. I've only gotten it once
since I started using -CURRENT in early May(?) so I don't think I
could tell whether the patch helps or not. :(

Regards,
Thomas