Re: RFC: ATA to CAM integration patch

From: Alexander Motin <mav_at_FreeBSD.org>
Date: Sat, 27 Jun 2009 14:01:56 +0300
Roman Divacky wrote:
> On Fri, Jun 26, 2009 at 09:47:26PM +0300, Alexander Motin wrote:
>> I would like to present for testing and feedback present state of my and
>> Scott work on extending CAM subsystem to support ATA in addition to
>> SCSI. At this moment we have:
>
> this is awesome! do you plan to add support for the TRIM command support?
> what would it take to teach FreeBSD to use the TRIM?

I haven't looked on it yet, but I think should be really easy from disk
driver point ov view. After last firmware update, my SSD should now
support TRIM, so I will look on it closer, as time permit.

The main question is to implement BIO_DELETE in filesystems code. I have
seen in lists that UFS patches were made long time ago, but they are
still not committed. Now practically the only BIO_DELETE consumer is
newfs with -E option, which I have successfully used with mmcsd driver.

--
Alexander Motin