Re: 8.0-current cannot find disk!!

From: pluknet <pluknet_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 29 Jun 2009 00:06:56 +0400
2009/6/28 ken <ken_at_tydfam.jp>:

> From: "Daniel O'Connor" <doconnor_at_gsoft.com.au>
>> From what I can see it finds ad10 (Hitachi 100Gb on ata5) and ad12 (WD
>> 100Gb on ata6) disks..
>>
>> ata5 & ata6 are on the JMicron JMB363.
>>
>> The question is why sysinstall thinks there are no disks :(
>>
>> What happens if you open a Fixit emergency holographic shell and run
>> echo /dev/ad*
>
>  I took a little different approach because it looks to be not only sysinstall problem;
>  a) create 7.2R and update src to -current.
>  b) make buildworld && make installworld && make buildkernel && make installkernel
>  c) reboot
>  d) See what happens.....
>
>  The result is at http://www.tydfam.jp/experimental/boot_photo2/.  They are photos ordered by the sequence.  And the last one showes 'db > where' result that says something is wrong at malloc_init!!

It points to You might have incompatible kernel modules left after 7.2.
20090419:
        The layout of struct malloc_type, used by modules to register new
        memory allocation types, has changed.  Most modules will need to
        be rebuilt or panics may be experienced.
        Bump __FreeBSD_version to 800081.

--
wbr,
pluknet