Re: New builds won't boot (fwd)

From: Gary Jennejohn <gary.jennejohn_at_freenet.de>
Date: Tue, 30 Jun 2009 17:57:31 +0200
On Tue, 30 Jun 2009 15:25:59 +0100 (BST)
Chris Hedley <freebsd-current_at_chrishedley.com> wrote:

> On Tue, 30 Jun 2009, Gary Jennejohn wrote:
> > It does seem to number based on slot, whereby the driver for some reason
> > acts as though SATA has master/slave disks, which of course it doesn't.
> >
> > You can get back to the old behavior by putting "options ATA_STATIC_ID"
> > into your kernel config file.
>
> Hmm... weirdly, I noticed that /after/ putting that line into my config;
> maybe I should try again without it and see what happens...?  I think I'll
> do that a bit later today and report back if there's any difference.

Ah, yes.  Now that I think about it again, you're right.  That's also
when I started seeing it.

I'm now running mav's ata-cam patches and took ATA_STATIC_ID out of
my config file.  I'd sort of forgotten when/why I'd done it.

Sorry for the confusion.

---
Gary Jennejohn