Problems moving xorg configuration to HAL

From: Renato Botelho <rbgarga_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 2 Mar 2009 12:47:11 -0300
Hello,

After xorg was upgraded to 7.4 I added AllowEmptyInput off and keep
using xorg.conf intead of moving to hal, my system is a current r189278.

Today I've decided to try to move my keyboard and mouse confs to hal
to start using the new configuration model. Mouse did fine, but i have
some problems with keyboard.

I use a Sun type 7 unix us keyboard, on my xorg.conf I had:

Option      "XkbRules"    "xorg"
Option      "XkbSymbols"  "pc(pc105)+sun_vndr/usb(sun_usb)+pc(pc105)+us(intl)"

when I simply start my window manager without change hal, it recognize
the keyboard special keys, but it did a bit later, and windowmaker just find
these special keys after a wmaker restart. Ah, I use xdm on /etc/ttys

I've tried to add this keyboard.fdi on /usr/local/etc/hal/fdi/policy

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<deviceinfo version="0.2">
        <device>
                <match key="info.capabilities" contains="input.keyboard">
                <match key="info.product" contains="AT Translated Set
2 keyboard">
                        <merge key="input.x11_driver"
type="string">evdev</merge>
                        <merge key="input.x11_options.XkbSymbols"
type="string">pc(pc105)+sun_vndr/usb(sun_usb)+pc(pc105)+us(intl)</merge>
                </match>
                </match>
        </device>
</deviceinfo>

But I still have same problem, when windowmaker is loaded, it ignore the
Sun special keys, just if I do a restart it work fine.

I had this same problem in the past when I use startx, and someone from
xorg told me to start using *dm to fix the problem, I choose xdm and it
worked fine untill now.

Any kind of hellp will be appreciate

Thanks in advance
--