Re: Serial console options

From: David Wolfskill <david_at_catwhisker.org>
Date: Thu, 5 Mar 2009 10:00:18 -0800
On Thu, Mar 05, 2009 at 12:52:45PM -0500, Martin Cracauer wrote:
> Using the serial port for the mainboard's BIOS might or might not
> disable it's use for console or debugging, that was my question.

In my experience to date, it does not (disable); rather, the same serial
port may be used for access to the BIOS, as well as for logging in (via
/etc/ttys).  I haven't tried kgdb over serial, but I have no reason to
believe that the BIOS use of the port will affect that, either.

Peace,
david
--
David H. Wolfskill				david_at_catwhisker.org
Depriving a girl or boy of an opportunity for education is evil.