[ANNOUNCE] FreeBSD with clang/llvm status update

From: Pawel Worach <pawel.worach_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 5 Mar 2009 19:53:40 +0100
Hi,

Here is quick update on our quick progress with getting the
system functional.

Kernel now works with -O2, LINT compiles. We ran some libmicro
syscall benchmarks and the results are not too bad, some of them
are inconclusive for unknown reasons.

http://www.vlakno.cz/~pwo/lm.html

Most of userland builds with a few exceptions of GCCism and
non-standard code. buildworld runs to completion with the
problem areas disabled. It's not usable yet due to a blocking
issue which makes rtld broken (the runtime linker, static
binaries of course work but are no fun).

So install the devel/llvm-devel port and buildkernel with
CC=ccc to give it a shot! Feedback of any kind is very
welcome!

http://wiki.freebsd.org/BuildingFreeBSDWithClang

--
Regards
Pawel Worach, Roman Divacky, Ed Schouten and Diane Bruce.