Re: The rc.d mess strikes back

From: Doug Barton <dougb_at_FreeBSD.org>
Date: Sun, 08 Mar 2009 14:27:09 -0700
Garrett Wollman wrote:
> I've generally solved this by hacking a little script into the order
> just after named to hold back the boot until named is able to resolve
> an external hostname.

I've been following this thread (and thinking about your previous
posts on this topic Garrett) and I'm starting to think that having
this as an option in the base is the Right AnswerTM. Off hand I'd say
that we would need options for what hostname to ping, and whether to
use the local name server or just what's in resolv.conf, but that is
trivial stuff. Can I trouble you to post your script?

Doug