Re: Seeking Code Reviewer for FreeBSD Grant

From: Ivan Voras <ivoras_at_freebsd.org>
Date: Thu, 12 Mar 2009 13:19:27 +0100
Michael Copeland wrote:

> Tobias Roth wrote:
>> On 03/10/09 18:51, Michael David Crawford wrote:
>>
>>> Hi Again,
>>>
>>> I'm writing up an application for a FreeBSD Foundation Grant.  There is
>>> a pool of $30,000 that will be divided among the developers whose
>>> proposals to improve or extend FreeBSD are deemed 1337 enough:
>>>

>> <snip>
>>

>>> One of the requirements is that I must name a well-known FreeBSD
>>> developer who will review my source code.  You would be paid for your
>>> efforts out of my grant, so my proposal also must include a budget for
>>> your review work.
>>>

>> <snip>
>>

>>> My code reviewer will have the privilege of reading the most meticulous,
>>> efficient, debugged and *tested* source code Known to Man.  I have
>>> *very* high standards for my work.
>>>
>>> Unfortunately, my very first foray into FreeBSD was just last night when
>>> I did an anonymous Subversion checkout of the head sources.  I'm still
>>> working on my first actual system installation.  Perhaps by late tonight
>>> I will have built and booted my first kernel.
>>>
>>> So there's also a good chance that, while my code may be Correct, it
>>> could be Clueless as well. :-D
>>>

>> <moresnip>
>>
>> You don't happen to live in Nigeria by any chance?
>>
> buahaha.. nice

No, seriously, your message was impossible to answer in any other way
and it's the first thing that's come to my mind also.

I don't know if you received any offers (I doubt so) because there is
zero technical content in your whole message. If that is not
intentional, you will need to fix it by describing what it is you want
to do. As every developer has its own area of expertize, you can't
expect anyone to support you without knowing what subsystem it's all about.