repeatable ZFS panic: share->excl

From: Mark Powell <M.S.Powell_at_salford.ac.uk>
Date: Thu, 12 Mar 2009 18:00:59 +0000 (GMT)
Hi,
   Just started to experiment with 8-CURRENT and zfs, after having a
FreeBSD 7, ZFS server for about 18 months now.
   First problem I notice is a panic, which seems to occur every time 'tar'
is used. Might be unrelated to tar, but it definately provokes it. Simply
the tar command or a pkg_add causes it.
   Sorry I don't have a serial console, but here's a picture of the screen:

http://www.rootshell.be/~msp/IMG_4002.JPG

   I initially had a zfsbooting root, from a CF, plus a RAIDZ2 on HDD.
Everytime I tried to perform a pkg_add I would get this panic. I then
moved root to ufs and the pkg_add would then not cause the panic. However,
any tar which accessed the zfs raidz2 pool still causes this panic.
   Is this known? I couldn't see the same reported anywhere, so forgive me
if I have missed it.
   Please let me know if you need kernel config, etc. to debug this
further.
   Cheers.

--
Mark Powell - UNIX System Administrator - The University of Salford
Information & Learning Services, Clifford Whitworth Building,