Re: HEADS UP: IFF_NEEDSGIANT consumers to be disabled, removed (was: Re: Wiki page for non-MPSAFE network stack de-orbit scheduling)

From: Robert Watson <rwatson_at_FreeBSD.org>
Date: Sun, 15 Mar 2009 10:04:29 +0000 (GMT)
On Mon, 16 Feb 2009, Robert Watson wrote:

> 16 February 2009	HEADS UP to lists (this e-mail)
> 01 March 2009		Disable build of all IFF_NEEDSGIANT drivers in 8.x

Slightly delayed while USB NDIS was sorted out, I will be moving ahead with
disabling the build of all IFF_NEEDSGIANT drivers in HEAD later today.

> 01 April 2009		Remove all IFF_NEEDSGIANT drivers from 8.x

And this date is probably going to remain about the same.

Anyone who is interested is welcome to step in and update/fix drivers on the
removal path at any time, and drivers can also be restored later easily if
drivers are updated outside the tree as well.

Thanks,

Robert N M Watson
Computer Laboratory
University of Cambridge