Re: Interrupt routine usage not shown by top in 8.0

From: Sam Leffler <sam_at_freebsd.org>
Date: Tue, 17 Mar 2009 13:41:50 -0700
Barney Cordoba wrote:

> [...]

It mostly depends on the hardware (unless the fast handler does actual
work).  If ack'ing the interrupt improves latency (e.g. by allowing the
device to do other things) then it's better to do that in the filter
method even if the actual work is deferred to the ithread.  It's also
important when interrupts are not edge-triggered; you want to shut them
up asap.

So, what device are you doing a driver for?

    Sam