Re: To Alexander Motin HDA sound problems.

From: Andriy Gapon <avg_at_icyb.net.ua>
Date: Fri, 20 Mar 2009 14:34:48 +0200
on 20/03/2009 09:27 Alexander Motin said the following:
> Andriy Gapon wrote:
>> on 18/03/2009 19:06 Raven2000 said the following:
>>> I sealed the M2N-E, but the link gave correct =) Integrated sound
>>> card is working, and this option is enabled in the BIOS.
>>> For example the built-in Windows sound works.
>>
>> Can this be an issue where a device is not seen behind PCI bridge?
>
> Usually onboard sound is chipset integrated and lives on primary bus
> together many other devices, such as Ethernet or SATA. But theoretically
> it is possible.
>
>> http://www.lm-sensors.org/attachment/ticket/2302/Asus_M2N-E-AMD-Phenom-9850-lspci.txt
>>
>> From this it seems that audio device is found on pci bus #1 not #0.
>
> It looks like separate PCI audio card. Not sure this is integrated and
> not sure it is HDA.

M2N-E definitely has an integrated HDA card (AD1988),
original poster even provided a link.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813131022

Also a useful link:
http://www.nabble.com/Bug-396925:-installation-report:-Everything-worked-well-td7164668.html

But on the other hand it seems that he either made some mistakes or
tries to confuse us :-), because pciconf output that he posted:
http://docs.freebsd.org/cgi/mid.cgi?22565173.post
doesn't resemble lspci output above but looks more like this (minus
sound device):

Andriy Gapon