Re: Intel X58 eSATA port ?

From: Alexander Motin <mav_at_FreeBSD.org>
Date: Sun, 22 Mar 2009 11:58:00 +0200
Ulf Zimmermann wrote:
> Soren was asking for controller cards which have this chip on board
> before he stopped working on the ATA/SATA stuff. Specific because of
> ESATA support I believe. So it might just not work with the current
> driver.

I think it is not an eSATA specific. IMHO it is more probable that
either this card just reports itself as regular ATA while is also
supports AHCI (and we can try to force AHCI driver attach it), but there
still question about PATA channels, or like JMicron chips it provides
combination of regular PATA and AHCI SATA via the same PCI device function.

--
Alexander Motin