xorg on current: mouse "strangeness"

From: Peter Schuller <peter.schuller_at_infidyne.com>
Date: Mon, 23 Mar 2009 21:13:27 +0100
Hello,

since upping my kernel/userland from late 2008 to 2009-03-18, the
mouse has been behaving very strangely in X. On the original upgrade I
did not touch my ports; after re-building and installing all ports
today on the new userland, the problem remains.

In firefox, thunderbird and opera scrolling is broken. Pressing the
button and trying to drag the scroll bar results in it jumping around
a bit, and bogus mouse clicks happening on surrounding controls. In
thunderbird, just clicking a message in a list or a folder in the
folder list, results in the entry a few items above being selected as
if the position of the mouse click were off.

In urxvt, left-clicking causes the termianl to scroll up a few lines.

After running Xorg -configure to get a clean and fresh configuration
generated by the up-to-date xorg, the problem remains.

Using Xorg with and without hald does not matter; same problem ensues.

The mouse is connected through USB, and I figure the recent USB
changes may be related. Does anyone have suggestions? I haven't seen
anything mentioned on the lists.

--
/ Peter Schuller

PGP userID: 0xE9758B7D or 'Peter Schuller <peter.schuller_at_infidyne.com>'
Key retrieval: Send an E-Mail to getpgpkey_at_scode.org
E-Mail: peter.schuller_at_infidyne.com Web: http://www.scode.org