Re: xorg on current: mouse "strangeness"

From: Peter Schuller <peter.schuller_at_infidyne.com>
Date: Mon, 23 Mar 2009 22:41:25 +0100
> > The mouse is connected through USB, and I figure the recent USB
> > changes may be related. Does anyone have suggestions? I haven't seen
> > anything mentioned on the lists.
> >

> Does the information about USB mice and Xorg in /usr/src/UPDATING
> fix your problem?

I assume you are referring to:

  20090216:
        xorg 7.4 wants to configure its input devices via hald which does not
        yet work with USB2. If the keyboard/mouse does not work in xorg then
        add
                Option "AllowEmptyInput" "off"
        to your ServerLayout section.  This will cause X to use the configured
        kbd and mouse sections from your xorg.conf.

When I tried without hald, that meant hald disabled, moused running
and the above option in xorg.conf. It did not work. However, contrary
to my interpretation of the above, running *with* hald and with moused
disabled works equally "well" (but the problem remains).

Running with the above option, moused enabled *and* hald enabled,
yields the same effect.

Just to be sure I took the freshly generated (Xorg -configure) conf,
plus the above AllowEmptyInput option, did a fresh reboot of the
system and started x - the problem remains.

--
/ Peter Schuller

PGP userID: 0xE9758B7D or 'Peter Schuller <peter.schuller_at_infidyne.com>'
Key retrieval: Send an E-Mail to getpgpkey_at_scode.org
E-Mail: peter.schuller_at_infidyne.com Web: http://www.scode.org