Inline definition problem in current

From: Gustau Perez <gperez_at_entel.upc.edu>
Date: Mon, 23 Mar 2009 23:31:22 +0100
  Hi to the list,

  a few time ago I switched to current, right now I've it updated to
yesterday.  While compiling some ports (in fact, building x11/gnome2) I
found that some of them (written in C) are using  some inline functions
(I guess it is because the compiler will replace the call to the
function with the function itself). The problem is that gcc fails with
the following message :

        error: nested function 'XXX' declared but never defined

   checking the code, the function is declared and then implemented in a
header file which is included in the offending .c file. The function is
declared as 'inline'. The only solution I found is to change the
definition to static.

   Checking pontyhat shows me that many ports are failing because of
this problem. What I can understand is why is this happening, because
the same ports compiles fine in STABLE and the compilers's version in
base seems to be the same (gcc (GCC) 4.2.1 20070719  [FreeBSD], the same
in current)

   Can anyone help with this problem ?

   Greets,

   Gus