Re: [HEADSUP] amd64 suspend/resume code to be comitted

From: Gustau Perez <gperez_at_entel.upc.edu>
Date: Tue, 24 Mar 2009 20:08:22 +0100
Robert Noland wrote:
> On Tue, 2009-03-24 at 16:21 +0100, Gustau Perez wrote:
>
>> Brandon Gooch wrote:

>>    Hi there,
>>
>>    in my Latitude D630 with 8-0 current updated this morning (+1 UTC) it
>> seems is trying to work. It has no xorg, just text console.
>>

> The D630 should have an Intel 965GM in it with suspend/resume support in
> drm, so X *should* be good to go.
>
> robert.

   Hi Roland,

   this one comes with an nvidia Quadro NVS 135M (I think they made two
o three different models). It was possible to customize them via web. My
mistake was to choose an nvidia (well, I've been able to play nice games
with it, but now it's giving me a lot of headaches).

   With this model (without X's, just text console) suspending and
resuming seems to work except the video. I can type thing and send them
to a file (checked). After resuming, it throws a little of text (i can
see some debug about suspending and resuming firewire and usb) and then
video is lost. With if_bge within the kernel I don't get that
semi-successful result. It starts complaining about PHY read/write
timeout so I have it as a module.

  Offtopic :  In the other hand right now I'm going to try the patch you
sent to use nouveau in i386 mode (not amd64, I have a separate partition
for amd64) with libdrm and xf86-video-nouveau.I tried inserting the .ko
before leaving to home (and I worked). Will let you now my results in
the Take two thread :)

   Greets,

   Gus