Re: Inline definition problem in current

From: Gustau Perez <gperez_at_entel.upc.edu>
Date: Wed, 25 Mar 2009 10:23:02 +0100

>>   Checking pontyhat shows me that many ports are failing because of
>> this problem. What I can understand is why is this happening, because
>> the same ports compiles fine in STABLE and the compilers's version in
>> base seems to be the same (gcc (GCC) 4.2.1 20070719  [FreeBSD], the same
>> in current)
>>

> Which other ports were broken for this reason?

  Well, I remember compiling all gnome (and dependences) in a row. I
remember failing audio/faad, net-im/telepathy-mission-control, but I
think others failed. I've just tried changing inline declarations to
extern inline [return type/void] __attribute__((gnu_inline)) with a port
that was failing (compiz-fusion-plugins-main) as I suggested previously
and is compiling fine both in STABLE and in CURRENT.

   In the other hand, audio/faad in CURRENT compiles fine changing
"INLINE void cfftf1" to "extern INLINE void cfft1
__attribute__((gnu_inline)) in libfaad/cfft.c around line 60 (please
check one of my previous posts for details). In the case of faad, the
function is never implemented :) but the other packages affected they
implement the offending function/procedure.

   So instead of hacking gcc reverting the changes made to it in
current, I think it would be wise to change the affected ports, as them
will compile in both worlds. I can send PR's requesting the change for
audio/faad net-im/telepathy-mission-control and
x11-wm/compiz-fusion-plugins-main

   Greets,

   Gus