Re: ZFS data error without reasons

From: kevin <kevinxlinuz_at_163.com>
Date: Wed, 25 Mar 2009 17:41:39 +0800
Mark Powell wrote:
> Kevin,
> Did you fix your ZFS CRC errors?
> I responded to your thread, but no-one got back to me.
> I'm gonna start another thread later.
> This time I re-made the zpool in 8 compatible with 7. Once the errors
> started showing up in 8 I moved back to 7, on the same hardware, to
> perform the scrub to prove the problem is with 8. The 1st scrub in 7
> found some errors, but of course it would if 8 had messed up the data.
> Removed the few unimportant bad files (all were in snapshots).
> Just performing the 2nd scrub in 7 now. If this comes back with no
> errors, then we have stronger proof that there is some wrong, which
> seems quite intermittent, in 8 that randomly writes bad data.
> Cheers.

Yes,I can fix some ZFS CRC errors,and sometimes i can recover all error
files.Before i run "zpool import backup" to mount the zpool on a usb
hard disk, "zpool status" return no errors. When i copy files to the usb
hard disk,soon I can get lots of file errors.After a reboot,if i run
scrub,i can fix many errors. I just think copy files between two zpools,
one is on local hard disk and the other one is on a usb hard disk, may
easily reproduce the bug.

Thanks,
Kevin