Re: Telnet root login

From: Freddie Cash <fjwcash_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 25 Mar 2009 22:53:21 -0700
On Wed, Mar 25, 2009 at 7:01 PM, Lyndon Nerenberg <lyndon_at_orthanc.ca> wrote:
>> You can do the same thing with ssh to transfer files to a remote host:
>>
>> tar cjf - . | ssh user_at_hostb "(cd /desired/path; tar xjf -)"
>
> But I can't get full wire speed with ssh; with rsh I can.

With openssh-portable from ports, with the HPN patches included, using
the None cipher, you should be able to get the best of both worlds:
encrypted authentication, cleartext data transfer.  According to the
info on the HPN website, they're able to get ~90% of wirespeed on a
gigabit link.

--
Freddie Cash
fjwcash_at_gmail.com