Re: [HEADSUP] amd64 suspend/resume code to be comitted

From: Robert Kent <popdump_at_googlemail.com>
Date: Thu, 26 Mar 2009 19:54:05 +0000
Hi,

I've tried this patch on an Acer Ferrari 1100 (ATI IXP600, AMD tl66,
Radeon x1270, bge).  It partially works, I have to enable reset_video
and be in text mode.  However, when it resumes from suspend I get a
page fault ('kernel trap 12 with interrupts disabled').  Also, after
the error the laptop tries to reboot: the screen goes blank just after
'Stopping CPUs', but then it just reboots multiple times whilst
keeping the screen blank until I remove the power and the battery.

I've tried using the most minimal amount of modules possible but this
doesn't help.  I'm currently in the process of recompiling the kernel
with debugging turned on.    Is there anything useful that I can
provide to help find the cause of this problem?

thanks

Rob