Re: Asus EEE PC 1000HE power states : only C1 available

From: army.of.root <army.of.root_at_googlemail.com>
Date: Fri, 27 Mar 2009 09:09:58 +0100
Marcello Maggioni wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I've just compiled FREEBSD-CURRENT on my new ASUS EEE PC 1000HE (Intel
> ATOM powered) and everything seems to work well as of now (wireless
> included), but I have a problem with CX power states.
> The Intel Atom processor should have a lot of CX power states, but
> only the C1 state is reported in oid "dev.cpu.0.cx_supported" .
>
> I sent, as an attachment my dmesg log , sysctl -a output and acpidump
> -t -d output.
>
> I have an SMP kernel and it find and use my logical (Hyperthreading) cpu.
>
> Is this a bug, a problem with SMP kernels (haven't tried UP kernel) or
> simply this CPU is not yet supported by FREEBSD acpi?
>
> Cheers,
> Maggioni Marcello

Hi,

have you tried with HT turned off? (just a guess)

And by the way, I am interested in how far CX states higher than C1 are
already supported, I know that there are Problems with the old USB Stack
and it's polling. Is that solved already? My -STABLE PentiumM Notebook
really behaves bad when I enable CX states above C1, but I assume that
has changed with this -CURRENT.

best regards