getline incompatibility with Linux

From: Joe Marcus Clarke <marcus_at_FreeBSD.org>
Date: Sun, 29 Mar 2009 17:38:48 -0400
The new getline() function in FreeBSD is not completely compatible with
Linux's implementation.  The result is that programs which assume Linux
getline may enter a tight infinite loop.

According to the Linux getline(3) manpage, getline(3) returns -1 on
error (including EOF).  Our implementation returns 0 on EOF.  Would it
be possible to return -1 on EOF in our implementation?

Joe

--
Joe Marcus Clarke
FreeBSD GNOME Team      ::      gnome_at_FreeBSD.org