Re: LOCK_PROFILING does not work on FreeBSD 8.0-CURRENT

From: Kris Kennaway <kris_at_FreeBSD.org>
Date: Mon, 30 Mar 2009 00:29:48 +0100
wenji wu wrote:
>> Do you have both wenjikernel and WENJIKERNEL config files?

> No, I just have "wenjikernel".
>
> It was a typo in the email.
>
> As you know, even I have both wenjikernel and WENJIKERNEL config files, if I
> run "make installkernel kernconf xxxx", the install process won't go
> through. For a successful kernel installing, "kernconf" has to be upper-case
> as "KERNCONF".
>
> Nothing wrong with my compiling and installing process! It was an email
> typo.

OK, but you've still not shown that you didn't accidentally make a
mistake somewhere along the way.

I asked you to confirm the exact steps you took because something
doesn't make sense, so it's important to show what you actually did
rather than retyping from memory what you think you did, in case you had
made a mistake without noticing it.

Here is the output of a FreeBSD 8.0 system showing that LOCK_PROFILING
does in fact work as expected:

gohan10# uname -a
FreeBSD gohan10.freebsd.org 8.0-CURRENT FreeBSD 8.0-CURRENT #8: Sun Mar
29 12:06:13 UTC 2009 gohan10# grep LOCK_PROFILING
root_at_gohan10.freebsd.org:/usr/src/sys/amd64/compile/CLUSTER  amd64
/usr/src/sys/amd64/conf/CLUSTER
options         LOCK_PROFILING
gohan10# sysctl -a | grep debug.lock
debug.lock.prof.enable: 0