Re: make installworld DESTDIR=/mnt fails

From: Alexander Leidinger <Alexander_at_Leidinger.net>
Date: Mon, 30 Mar 2009 13:11:43 +0200
Quoting Matthias Apitz <guru_at_unixarea.de> (from Mon, 30 Mar 2009
09:45:02 +0200):

> Hello,
>
> I have created a boot-able USB key with -CURRENT from CVS following
> this recipe:
>
> # mkdir -p /usr/src/myHEAD/obj
> # cd /usr/src/myHEAD
> # cvs checkout src
> # setenv MAKEOBJDIRPREFIX /usr/src/myHEAD/obj
> # cd /usr/src/myHEAD/src
> # make buildworld

> I've enriched this USB key with the actual source tree and the compiled
> objects:
>
> # cd /usr/src/
> # tar -cf - myHEAD | ( cd /mnt ; tar -xpf - )
>
> now I wanted to install based on this booted CURRENT another
> PC, its empty disk is mounted below /mnt; the installation fails
> as shown below;
>
> what is the reason for this?

> # setenv MAKEOBJDIRPREFIX /myHEAD/obj
> # cd /myHEAD/src

You need to
     mv /myHEAD /usr/src/myHEAD
     setenv MAKEOBJDIRPREFIX /usr/src/myHEAD/obj
and it should work.

The realpath of the src dir is used  when creating the obj tree. If
you look at myHEAD/obj/, you will see that there's an usr/src/myHEAD.
Alternatively it should work to mv /myHEAD/obj/usr/src/myHEAD to
/myHEAD/obj/, but I types this part out of my head without looking at
a real obj tree, so there could be something missing.

Bye,
Alexander.

--
Democracy is the recurrent suspicion that more than half
of the people are right more than half of the time.

http://www.Leidinger.net    Alexander _at_ Leidinger.net: PGP ID = B0063FE7
http://www.FreeBSD.org       netchild _at_ FreeBSD.org  : PGP ID = 72077137