Re: loader prompt doesn't work

From: Andriy Gapon <avg_at_icyb.net.ua>
Date: Mon, 30 Mar 2009 20:23:42 +0300
on 30/03/2009 18:25 Aragon Gouveia said the following:
> 崔岩ccuiyyan_at_sina.com wrote:
>>      However, problem happens. When i select the "escape to a loader
>> prompt"
>> option, i can input
>>
>>      in about just 3 sec. After that, the system cannot go on whatever
>> key i
>> hit.
>
> Same problem here and it's not USB/keyboard related in my case.  What
> motherboard are you using?  I'm on an Intel DG33BU.

There was a significant fix to boot code made recently by jhb.
It is now in head, stable/7 and stable/6.
So you need to update to the recent resources.
What you also need (and what was not emphasized enough, IMO) is to actually
install new boot code (/boot/boot) to your active slices after installworld completes.

E.g.:
$ gpart bootcode -b /boot/boot adXsY

--
Andriy Gapon