Re: [HEADSUP] amd64 suspend/resume code to be comitted

From: Gustavo Perez Querol <gperez_at_entel.upc.edu>
Date: Tue, 31 Mar 2009 10:10:49 +0200 (CEST)
> If it worked fine, you can try each driver and tell us what breaks
> suspend/resume process.  If you can find the culprit, you can file a
> PR and you may able to work around it by adding 'kldunload whatever'
> and 'kldload whatever' from rc.suspend and rc.resume respectively.
> BTW, bge(4) is already known for suspend/resume problem if my memory
> serves.

  Well, finally I got my video back ! As you pointed bge(4) is giving
problems. Kldunloading it solves them.

  In the other hand, I tried the following to get something working :

      1.- In multiuser without X I tried acpiconf -s 3
      2.- Bring the machine back to live.
      3.- The screen shows some info about usb's and such, then it goes
          black.
      4.- At this point I tried vidcontrol -s 0 < /dev/console. As you may
          note, it is a typo. Don't know what was in my mind in that
          moment.
      5.- Success !!! The console came back, arguing that the console number
          was out of range.

  It is very strange. Looks like it is switching to and unknown mode. I'll
try in graphics mode, I think some said nouveau is able to
suspend/resume. Will see if it works.

  Finally report that kldloading if_bge after resume doesn't make the card
work. Making pciconf -lv shows the card, but no driver attaches to the
card.

  Greets,

  Gustau