Re: ata and seagate microdrive problems

From: Nenhum_de_Nos <matheus_at_eternamente.info>
Date: Sat, 2 May 2009 16:12:19 -0300 (BRT)
On Fri, May 1, 2009 15:18, Nenhum_de_Nos wrote:

> On Thu, April 16, 2009 06:27, Gavin Atkinson wrote:
>> On Thu, 2009-04-09 at 19:03 -0300, Nenhum_de_Nos wrote:
>>> hail,
>>>
>>> I'm trying to install current on via itx using ide 44pin to cf adapter
>>> and
>>> a seagate 8GB microdrive.
>>>
>>> I thought it was to be ok, but just today when I received the adapter I
>>> got nowhere in this. I tried 7.1-STABLE and 8.0-CURRENT from 200902,
>>> and
>>> both fail to find it. the same thing in 7.1R.
>>
>> Can you boot in verbose mode, and post the dmesg somewhere please?
>> Also, can you confirm which ATA channel the drive should show up on?
>>
>> Thanks,
>>
>> Gavin
>
> sorry for the long delay, too busy :(
>
> but tell me how to boot in debug, as I can't boot it from itself, and I
> don't have any serial cable. just say what to do, and I'll try my best.
>
> I must run current for what I want to do with it, thats my only limit.
>
> thanks,
>
> matheus

just for the record, I just tried current snapshot from
http://pub.allbsd.org/FreeBSD-snapshots/i386/8.0-HEAD-20090501-JPSNAP/cdrom/8.0-HEAD-20090501-JPSNAP-i386-disc1.iso
and no go. BTX loader finds it though ( BIOS drive c: is disk0).

acpi on, no usb keyboard :( and no disk also.

I have OpenBSD on this disk, which I'll willing to wipe out to have
FreeBSD. but if I can get any info from OpenBSD that would help, just say
so. also, I'm downloading the livefs from this very current snapsjot, just
to see if I can save a verbose boot anyhow.

matheus