Re: rum(4) not working on 8-CURRENT

From: Sevan / Venture37 <venture37_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 10 May 2009 23:25:21 +0100
Andrew Thompson wrote:
> You need to create a wlan pseudo device and operate on that
>
> # ifconfig wlan0 create wlandev rum0 up
>
> If you still have problems then enable debugging with 'wlandebug
> state+scan' and then down/up the interface.

Thanks for the tip, that sorted it, for the mailing list archive:
I added
wlans_rum0="wlan0"
create_args_wlan0="wlanmode sta country GB"
ifconfig_wlan0="DHCP"
to /etc/rc.conf & that sorted out ipv4 connectivity, to get ipv6 working
I had to add ipv6_network_interfaces="wlan0" aswell as ipv6_enable="YES"
otherwise rtsol would not automatically run on the interface & you're
left with a local link address on wlan0.

Sevan / Venture37