Re: Building boot2 for ixp425

From: Sam Leffler <sam_at_freebsd.org>
Date: Wed, 13 May 2009 10:51:00 -0700
Jon Loeliger wrote:

>> Are you sure your cross compile toolchain is built?
>>

> I just build the whole set using the nanobsd.sh mechanism.
> It resulted in an arm kernel, so I'm assuming the toolchain
> is available.
>
> That said, I'm not sure how to *point* to it...
>
> Which may be the issue at the heart of my "Follow up question"?

The wiki instructions assume you've first done a cross-buildworld which
sets up the toolchain required for the subsequent buildkernel and boot2
build.  I can't recall if buildkernel will build a toolchain if it's not
available but I do recall that boot2 will not build w/o a full toolchain
build because it drags in something the kernel does not.  I think "make
toolchain" will get the bits required.

The nanobsd build results will not be used because they go in a
different tree under /usr/obj (if  I recall).  These instructions were
written pre-nanobsd support and likely need some TLC and/or need to be
split up.

    Sam