Re: [Call For Testing] VirtualBox for FreeBSD!

From: Renato Botelho <rbgarga_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 15 May 2009 08:17:07 -0300
On Thu, May 14, 2009 at 4:12 PM, Martin Wilke <miwi_at_freebsd.org> wrote:

> Howdy Guys,
>
> After the announcement from Alexander Eichner about
> Virtualbox on FreeBSD, we started the work on a port
> for FreeBSD. Now we think that we solved the most
> problems and are ready for the first Call for Testing.
>
> Some notes before you can test the port:
> Make sure you are using RELENG_7 or higher. You have
> to use a fresh portstree with uptodate ports!! Please
> read carefully the pkg-messages.
>
> Some known issues / Troubleshooting:
> Sometimes the kernel on HEAD coredumps when loading
> or unloading the kernel module. A small workaround
> to prevent the crash is to not start X, mount proc,
> then load the kernel module and start X from the
> console. That helped me and some testers, maybe you
> too. :P AMD64 should be work in general, it builds
> and start. But not right tested at the moment. We
> want here also some feedback.
>
> Some Thanks:
> First of all we'd like to say many thanks to _ALL_
> vbox developers. Next people are Bernhard Froehlich
> (aka decke), Beat Gaetzi (beat_at_), Dennis Herrmann
> (dhn_at_), Pietro Cerutti (gahr_at_), myself (*gg*),
> and _ALL_ who helped and provided feedback.
>
> Happy Testing :-)
>
> Download:
>
>  http://people.freebsd.org/~miwi/vbox/vboxport.tgz
>
> Wiki Page:
>  http://wiki.freebsd.org/VirtualBox

Hello Martin

I've built it on i386/CURRENT r191522, but I couldn't load the
module, when i try, i got:

KLD vboxdrv.ko: depends on kernel - not available
kldload: can't load vboxdrv: File exists

It says file exists, but the module is not loaded

root_at_botelhor:/home/garga# kldstat
Id Refs Address    Size     Name
 1   18 0xc0400000 b584bc   kernel
 2    1 0xc0f59000 809c     snd_via8233.ko
 3    2 0xc0f62000 4a438    sound.ko
 4    1 0xc46af000 8000     linprocfs.ko
 5    1 0xc46c8000 24000    linux.ko

Any idea?