Routing related crash in -CURRENT, introduced between 5th May and yesterday

From: Attila Nagy <bra_at_fsn.hu>
Date: Sun, 17 May 2009 20:30:42 +0200
Hello,

Somewhere between 5th May and yesterday there was a (routing related?)
change, which causes this machine crash at boot:
http://picasaweb.google.com/nagy.attila/20090517Fbsd8Crash#5336859077575768514
http://picasaweb.google.com/nagy.attila/20090517Fbsd8Crash#5336859069031814370

The machine itself is an HP DL380G4 with bge interfaces and netbooted
via PXE.

A build, compiled on 5th May works fine, but this (compiled today, but
with a yesterday build this is also the same) isn't.

7-STABLE also works fine on these kind of machines and this setup.

Another interesting thing is while 7-STABLE (and from 5.x to 7-STABLE as
of the start of May (that's the latest build we use, if there were bge
related changes MFC-ed since that, I don't know)) can boot on this kind
of machines with the default hw.bge.allow_asf=1, -CURRENT can't.
It stops right after recognizing disk devices, even with verbose boot.
That is the point, where DHCP (still netbooting) kicks in...

I think these kind of machines are not rare (I admit that not everybody
uses netbooting with them, but -CURRENT freezes even when installing
from CD, when the installer tries to configure the interfaces), so it
would be good to correct (and not MFC what is on HEAD until that) this
regression.

If I can do any debugging or give more information, please let me know!

Thanks,