Re: Fatal trap 12: page fault panic with recent kernel with ZFS

From: Larry Rosenman <ler_at_lerctr.org>
Date: Mon, 18 May 2009 10:32:14 -0500 (CDT)
On Mon, 18 May 2009, Adam McDougall wrote:

> I'm not sure if this is related to recent kernel memory code changes
> or what, but it hasn't happened with code from earlier than a couple
> days ago.  I had this happen twice, I think the first time was with
> arc max set to 1024M, the second time was when arc max was unset in
> loader.conf and the system had been up a few hours but the arc hadn't
> been squeezed down to a small number yet:
> Mem: 719M Active, 12G Inact, 3413M Wired, 2608K Cache, 24M Buf, 3741M Free
>
> I've deleted the kernel since then but I did not change my sources,
> I could build a new one and check where the pointers point to I think?
> If needed.  Or I could reproduce the panic if needed.  It doesn't dump,
> it just gets stuck after printing the panic.
I wonder if this is the same crash I saw without getting all the info.

What I saw was the wired memory getting to be most of the memory on the
box, and then boom.

see my post a few above this.

Phone: +1 512-248-2683                 E-Mail: ler_at_lerctr.org
US Mail: 430 Valona Loop, Round Rock, TX 78681-3893