Re: [patch] zfs livelock and thread priorities

From: John Baldwin <jhb_at_freebsd.org>
Date: Mon, 18 May 2009 11:29:51 -0400
On Saturday 16 May 2009 12:40:44 pm Ben Kelly wrote:
>    1) It changes the kproc(9) API by adding a kproc_create_priority()
> function that allows you to set the priority of the newly created
> thread.  I'm not sure how people feel about this.

Actually, I almost think we should just add a priority argument to each of the
routines that creates a new kthread/kproc.  Perhaps allow a priority of 0 to
let the thread run with the default priority.  Hmm, it looks like kthreads
default to running with whatever thread0 runs at (PVM) which is probably not
really ideal.  Having an explicit priority for every kthread would probably
be best.  Most kthreads should probably be at PZERO by default I think.

--
John Baldwin