Re: 802.11 monitor mode changes coming

From: Fabian Keil <freebsd-listen_at_fabiankeil.de>
Date: Thu, 21 May 2009 17:06:37 +0200
Sam Leffler <sam_at_errno.com> wrote:

> In sweeping the drivers to do these changes I've made radiotap support
> more consistent and improved some drivers.  Drivers not tested so far:
> malo, ipw, wpi, and upgt.  I tested iwi and it appears broken in that no
> frames are rx'd but I'm not sure I'll look at it before 8.0.

I'm not sure I understand you correctly. Are you saying iwi is
known to be completely broken and unlikely to get fixed in the
near future, or are you only talking about the monitor mode?

> I plan to commit these changes by the end of the week.

With r192468 I can no longer get iwi to associate to the AP.
"ifconfig wlan0 list scan" shows the AP, but S:N is listed
as -95:-95 (IIRC).

It works with the old kernel from May 15 14:37:49 CEST (and the new userland).

Fabian