Re: ifconfig triggers kernel trap on boot

From: Bjoern A. Zeeb <bzeeb-lists_at_lists.zabbadoz.net>
Date: Fri, 22 May 2009 14:19:42 +0000 (UTC)
On Fri, 22 May 2009, Stefan Bethke wrote:

Hi,

>> A kernel compiled from the same sources with practically identical
>> configuration (GENERIC minus most devices) running inside VMware (but also
>> SMP) does not exhibit this issue.
>
> Using the failing kernel in VMware triggers the same panic, so it does appear
> to be configuration dependant.  I'll see what's different between the two
> configs.

The problem itself has been known for a week and while we had some
people seeing it we could not reproduce it ourselves.  Thanks for
those extra pointers.

As you seem to be in my TZ and debugging this, I sent you a private
follow-up so we can possibly figure things out to get this fixed.

We'll report back to the list once we know more.

/bz

--
Bjoern A. Zeeb                      The greatest risk is not taking one.