Re: CFT: msk(4) and Yukon FE+(88E8040, 88E8040T, 88E8048, 88E8070)

From: John Baldwin <jhb_at_freebsd.org>
Date: Fri, 22 May 2009 13:14:05 -0400
On Thursday 21 May 2009 12:19:29 am Pyun YongHyeon wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I had been working on supporting Yukon FE+ for more than a year.
> Lack of hardware and documentation was one of major issue to write
> support code. Recently one user, Tanguy Bouzeloc, submitted fix
> and the patch seems to make msk(4) work on Yukon FE+. You can get
> the latest patch at the following URL.
> http://people.freebsd.org/~yongari/msk/msk.88E8040.patch26
>
> Since the patch changes a lot of code flow of driver all msk(4)
> users would be affected. If you use msk(4) or have Yukon FE+,
> please give it try and let me know how it goes on your box.

FYI, I am using this on 7.x along with some other patches to get an 88E8072
working (it's the Yukon Extreme (0xb5) chip ID).  I finally got it to
somewhat work today (it is having TX issues with TSO and TXCSUM enabled,
haven't figured out which one breaks it yet).  When I get 8 up and running I
will send you the current patch I have.

--
John Baldwin